Many students go abroad for their further studies. The whole process is a bit draining but when you are actually preparing to leave, that’s the time when you have to take things in your control.
It is advisable that students make a checklist so that they don’t have any trouble while entering and staying in a foreign land. Seek Consultants are Student Visa Consultants in Delhi and can help students prepare their checklist before they leave.
1. UNIVERSITY MATTERS: Before the commencement of classes, it is important to double-check all the documentation pertaining to the university.
- Log in to the student portal using the provided credentials and enroll for the units in the first semester.
- Check whether or not you have paid the outstanding fee amount. If not, then check the deadline to pay it.
- Check the date of orientation as well as the date of the actual commencement of classes.
- Find the time table of the faculty’s activities.
- After each semester, there is a break. Check the break period and if it is long enough, you can plan a trip back to your home.
2. ACCOMMODATIONS: Students have to look and finalize accommodation prior to the commencement of classes. Most foreign universities have hostels but if you want to stay in an apartment, Seek Consultants can help you find a good place to crash.
- Confirm your date of arrival with the apartment owner. Make sure you have completed the paperwork and paid the owner some portion of the agreed rent amount.
- If you are under 18 years of age, home stays are a better option than apartments. Communicate with the family you are going to stay with about your arrival date and time. Prepare a small gift for the family as a form of courtesy.
- Most universities don’t provide airport pickups. If that’s the case, make sure you have arranged transportation to the hostel/ home stays apartment.
3. PASSPORT AND VISA: The passport and visa information should be up to date.
- Take out a print of the e-Visa. Also, print the complete grant letter.
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the visa expires.
- All students are provided with an e-COE (Certificate of Enrolment). Take a print of that as well.
- Apply for a military exit permit (only for military personnel).
- Keep all these documents handy and safe in your handbag.
4. MEDICAL CONCERNS: Different countries have different medical requirements for international students. Make sure you comply with all the requirements of that country.
- Take necessary vaccinations like influenza, hepatitis A and B, typhoid, and MMR.
- Take an OSHC policy if visiting Australia. Otherwise, a regular health insurance policy will work.
5. LUGGAGE: Start packing at least a week before your departure. Check the climatic conditions of the country and pack accordingly. Take 3 – 4 notebooks, some pens and other stationery items. Some airlines allow up to 40 kg of luggage for students. Therefore, you can carry almost everything you might need during your stay.
Seek Consultants help students with accommodation, passport, visa, and medical requirements. They also help students to prepare a checklist for smooth transition.
Also, Visit Here: https://bit.ly/2PhwsAX