With a negligible crime rate and several geographical advantages, Singapore is one of the fastest-growing economies in the world. Its emphasis on maintaining ecological balance while sustaining infrastructure is unparalleled. Also, it is the financial hub of South-East Asia as a bulk of big financial houses is located in this region.
Singapore has some of the most premium colleges in the whole world. Graduating out of these colleges is surely gives students a competitive advantage in the corporate field. However, to Study in Singapore, students must obtain the Singapore student pass. It is basically permission from the Singapore government that allows the student to stay and study in Singapore.
Students who wish to go to Singapore for studies can consult Seek Consultants for Student Visa Consultants in Delhi to complete the formalities pertaining to Singapore Student Pass.
WHO CAN APPLY?
In a nutshell, those who want to study in Singapore have to apply for the student pass. You will be able to apply for it online via the website of the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority. Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) processes the applications of students below 19 years of age. Those who are over 19 years of age may have to appear for an interview at the embassy.
If an interview is not required, the process may be completed within a month. However, in the case of interviews, processing time may range from 2 – 4 months. Therefore it is advised that students should apply in advance so that they have some buffer in case their application is rejected.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR INTERVIEW
The ICA will send out a date to the applicant on which their interview will be organized. On the day of the interview, the following documents are to be carried by the applicant:
1. Original and photocopy of birth certificate, educational degree, and academic result card of the degree, and bank statement.
2. Acceptance letter from the Private Education Organization (PEO).
3. Supporting documents from applicant’s parents such as national identity card, employment statement and letter, household register, business registration certificate if self-employed, and salary record of the previous 3 months.
4. Photocopy of the first and last page of the passport.
5. If the applicant’s immediate relatives (parents, spouse, step-parents) are Singapore permanent residents or Singapore citizens, their notarized marriage certificate is also to be produced.
SECURITY DEPOSIT AND FEES
A security deposit of $5,000 may be collected from the student by the ICA. $30 is the application processing fee. It is non-refundable irrespective of the outcome. $60 is payable to the ICA once all formalities are complete. Students who wish to apply for the Singapore student pass may consult Seek Consultants.
Also, Read this: https://bit.ly/2kh23UE